Compliance with Australian Standards and Legislation is compulsory for owners, operators and maintainers of rail infrastructure. Engenicom’s Rail Consultant Services provide the expertise to manage the complex safety and regulatory issues associated with the rail operations at your site.
In particular, we specialise in ensuring compliance with:
- Relevant state and national network rules and procedures
- Rail Safety Act 2008 (NSW) and the new Rail Safety National Law Act 2012 (SA)
- AS 4292 (Australian Standard for Railway Safety Management)
- Worksite protection requirements
Engenicom also provides independent and professional “incident management and investigation” services. We have the expertise to make the incident site safe and conduct an independent investigation of the incident consistent with AS4292.7. A comprehensive investigation report is provided to you complete with recommendations for safety actions.
- Cobbora Mine Holdings – Network capacity modelling, Level Crossing rationalisation options, Level Crossing impacts analysis.
- Aurizon (QR National) – Network capacity impact analysis, Train arrival and departure modelling (Hexham Long Term Train Support Facility)
- Origin Energy – Train arrival modelling (Eraring)
- Xstrata Rail – Balloon Loop rail maintenance contracts management services
- Freightliner – Consultancy services managing “Live Run” operations
- ARTC – Project safety management planning services
- AnsaldoSTS – Rail Safety Management, auditing, possession planning, and preparation of SAFE notices