The Initiation phase includes the work undertaken to establish a new project by a defining a solution which is aligned with our clients strategic corporate objectives. This can generally be accomplished by:
- Confirming project objectives (in accordance with the needs of the business)
- Establishing and developing options
- Assessing and selecting options
- Establishing a project budget
- Undertaking financial analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Developing a project charter (including costs, tasks, deliverables, and schedule)
Engenicom carries a level of design capability which generally meets our clients’ needs during this phase.
We utilise a structured approach to determine an overall preference when alternative options are available. We can also establish the options for assessment if required.
- Business Case Development
- Financial Analysis
- Risk Management
- Cost Estimation
- Procurement Planning and Management
Often, the budgets available to undertake the Initiation phase are limited. While we are not a design consultant, Engenicom carries a level of design capability to enable us to develop options which in turn can be assessed on behalf of our clients without the need to procure a design consultant. The selected option can then progressed into the Planning phase to undergo further development.